Company Number: 2558440
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or generally how your personal data is processed by us, please contact us by phone 01462 420751 or email email@example.com or write to us at Professional Vision Services Ltd Wellbury House 90 Walsworth Road Hitchin Herts SG4 9SX
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our website
- purchase products from us;
- visit us at a show or event;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our website
- This policy provides information to you about the basis on which Professional Vision Services Ltd as an legal entity collects, uses, stores and shares your information. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
The company may send you marketing messages by email, SMS, social media and post; about us and our products; where you have not unsubscribed and where you have purchased similar products and/or services from that brand LVI (Low Vision International) or Professional Vision Services Ltd , or where you have otherwise signed up, or consented, to receive marketing messages from the brand LVI or Professional Vision Services.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
We also collect details of your interactions with us through our office, at events and exhibitions, online or via our apps. For example, when you telephone our office, we may collect notes of our conversations with you and details of your query and from time to time we may record your calls for training and monitoring purposes. We also collect information about the purchases that you make, your saved items, your payment information, any complaints and comments that you make and your buying preferences.
Each time you visit our website, we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example what device you are using and what products you're looking at.
Please note that, from time to time, we will combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
Information that you give us
You may share personal data about yourself with us by:
- Filling in forms on our websites, including when you purchase products online, submit queries to us, create an account on one of our websites and/or sign up to receive promotional material & newsletters
- Responding to a survey or entering a competition with us
- Giving us information about yourself in any communication with us, either by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise, either in connection with your account, purchases or to report a complaint or issue
- In person at shows and events
- You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to fulfil your order or to provide other services to you or to report a complaint or issue
Information that we collect from you:
We collect personal data from you:
- when you link your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook accounts with us, to enable you to log onto our websites simply and securely without having to create a new account
- when you contact us in relation to our products, services, a complaint or another query or issue. In particular, calls to our offices may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes from time to time.
Information that we receive from other sources:
- We will receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
- When we work with retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies, credit reference agencies and through our use of information from publicly available sources.
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our websites, events, or through your communications with us. We may also obtain some information from third parties, including retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies and credit reference agencies and publicly available sources to assist us with understanding customer demographics and shopper behaviours, or where we merge with or otherwise acquire another business.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the products that you purchase from us and to send you offers and promotions that you might be interested in.
In particular, we use your information:
- to provide you with the products that you have purchased from us and any receipts of purchase, including to deliver your products, and to send you order status updates;
- to take payments for the products that you have purchased and to give refunds or exchanges;
- to provide customer service and support to you;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to develop and improve our websites and set default options for you and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email, SMS or post. This can include information about new products and offers that you may find interesting;
- to research our customers' preferences and trending products;
- to run surveys and competitions;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
When you enter into a transaction with us or one of our brands, a contract between you and the relevant brand will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place an order and receive products from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up to an account or on placing an order and payment information or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will mean we cannot provide our products to you.
Legitimate business interests
- provide you with products as requested by you;
- carry out research to understand our customers and how they purchase and use our products;
- develop and improve our products.
Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as we process your personal data only so far as it is necessary to achieve the purpose outlined in this policy.
Impact of Processing
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.
As set out above, we will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe and where you have purchased similar products and/ or services from LVI or Professional Vision Services (as set out in the table above). You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from Professional Vision Services .
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
, services and to market to you. In particular, we disclose your information to:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, including companies such as Facebook and Google; and
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will contact you to explain why.
You have the right to request access to your personal data
You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.
You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data
You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data
You have the right to ask us to erase or delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue to process your personal data. This right would apply if we no longer need to use your personal data to provide products to you, where you withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing information, or where you object to the way we process your personal data (see right 6 below).
You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data
You have the right to ask us to restrict or to block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we don't need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You have the right to port your personal data
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data from us to reuse for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move personal data easily to another organisation, or to request us to do this for you.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data, for example where we are relying on your consent to send you marketing information.
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
By contacting us you can tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and we will update your records.
Newsletters/ Drop in Days
Professional Vision services Ltd ., regularly sends out a newsletter via email to all users unless they have “opted-out”. In these newsletters we may inform you about new products, news and upcoming events, price changes and special promotions
Users are able to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by sending an email to us or phone us or write to us
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or your use of those websites.